Answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions
Make sure you’re on the latest version of 1ELD. You can check this in your app store, or you will likely get a notification. We want you to have the most optimized experience on 1ELD, and updating your app will enable you to do so.
First things first: Check to see if bluetooth icon is enabled. The icon should be blue. If it is not:
- Strategy 1:
- Go to the “More” menu and make sure your log type is ELD, and not ELogs.
- Then, go to “Logs” tab. Here you can connect to a vehicle by tapping the “Connect to Vehicle” button in the orange bar at the top. Connect/pair to a device.
- Strategy 2:
- Go to the settings of your tablet or phone and disable any bluetooth devices in the area. Multiple bluetooth devices in the area may interfere with the ability of the bluetooth to connect to the device.
- Go back into the app and chose the “Connect Vehicle” button.
- A vehicle list will appear. Choose the vehicle name that is listed for your specific vehicle. If you are unsure, the registration name of the vehicle is labeled on your unit.
- Did you check for typos? Please double check that you’ve correctly entered your DOT number, username, and password.
- If you have done this and you are still unable to login, your fleet manager can update your driver info on their fleet page. If you are an owner/operator, you can log into Fleet, and in the List tab you can go to your Drivers page.
Make sure that you have updated to the latest version.
- Strategy 1:
- Are you logged into the app on more than one device? If so, logout from the devices you are not using.
- You should only log into one device at a time, per truck, per driver.
- Strategy 2:
- If this isn’t the case, go to “Unassigned Trips.”
- Reassign driving trips to the appropriate spot in their daily log by selecting the trip and either discard or accept each change.
- Please note: if you create a driving trip manually, you won’t be able to reassign trips to that same time.
- Strategy 3:
- Create your logs manually, by switching to ELogs. Make sure to sign your logs!
- These are trips that your device has recorded, but not assigned to a specific driver yet.
- Go into your settings and select timezone.
- Go into your settings and select current cycle.
- Select desired cycle rule.
- Select cargo type: Property, passenger, oil & gas.
- Change will take effect after a 34-hour cycle reset.
- Unplug the device from vehicle’s diagnostic port. Then plug it back in.
Yes. Cartrack is approved by all major insurance companies.
All Cartrack units are automatically tested on a regular basis. However, the onus still remains on you to test your units regularly. To test your unit contact 1 424 500 8601, this can be done 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
No, it’s completely free of charge.
No. You are welcome to test your unit wherever you are located, provided there is GSM coverage.
Yes, Cartrack’s devices can also be installed on heavy machinery, commercial vehicles, trucks and trailers, along with family sedans.
Yes, every Cartrack unit is equipped with international roaming capabilities, and can therefore be tracked locally and beyond United States’ borders.
No, unless you have given authorisation to a third party.
No, our units are approved by major manufacturers within the motor industry.
No. Our technicians are mobile, and will meet you at a place and time convenient to you.